In July 2018, Dundee and seven other local authorities were successful in the first phase of judging in Sustrans Scotland’s Community Links PLUS design competition. This provides funding to develop ambitious and innovative projects that help to restore balance in our streets in favour of people walking and cycling. More information on Community Links PLUS can be found at www.showcase-sustrans.org.uk.
Dundee’s 2016 Cycling Strategy highlighted the need to improve cycling routes from the north of the city centre – the Northern Links project will take forward some of these aspirations in more detail.
The map below shows the routes that we propose to improve:
These routes are:
- Lochee Road (between Cobden Street and Dudhope Roundabout)
- Victoria Road – Dens Road (as far as Laing Street)
- Victoria Street – Arbroath Road (as far as entrance to Baxter Park)
- Princes Street – King Street – St Andrew’s Street
- Connection from Lochee Road to Victoria Road via Constitution Road, Bell Street and Meadowside
The proposals will be judged by a multi-disciplinary panel of experts in April 2019 and if they successful, further funding will be provided to undertake more detailed engagement and design work during 2019.
The proposals are available to view on the Give Your Feedback page.